January 25, 2009

The Hurricane: A moving classic

I wonder how I'd missed watching this and I am glad that I finally got to it.

The Hurricane is a truly delightful piece of cinema that you will ever witness, something so true about the entire life story of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter that touches your human side .. carries you with it and wrenches out your guts. This is consummate story-telling at its best.

This is a story of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, a boxer wrongly imprisoned for murder, and the people who aided in his fight to prove his innocence. Directed by Norman Jewison, famous for Fiddler on the roof. Danzel Washington delivers one of his most scintillating performances ever as Rubin Carter and he portrays the character with immensely dedicated conviction and sincerity.

This movie takes you by the storm! The other movie I remember that moved me so much was Cinderella Man and obviously there is only one common element between the two and that is Boxing. I'd give The Hurricane a 8.5/10 and definitely recommend as a MUST WATCH.

Amar

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments: