April 10, 2008

Creative Void ...

Humm .. ok .. so here's the thing ... I am up early today .. just passing time till the moment arrives when I start my daily chores ... lying on the bed ... trying not to think about what happened last night and its just not getting out of my head .. so I decided to write about it ..(I so did not want to start my new gig with an "my bitter truth" article .. but so the time demands .. hell !)

So, I was having dinner last night and suddenly several new ideas just flashed in my brain for a split second ... ideas about poetry .. about a short story .. and I got really kicked about it .... but as soon as I sat next to my machine to put them down and tried to give them some definite form - structure ... there was nothing ...zilch ! .. I could not remember what I was thinking about .. couldn't remember what I wanted to write .. it was just gone in a whiff of time .. as if there was nothing to start with ... now that is just frustrating .. so damn frustrating !!! ... I am creative and impulsive .. not everyday I get brilliant and creative ideas .. and the impulse to write about them ... and today when I had both .. what you know .. I was denied !! ... loosing control over something so seemingly controllable - it clearly angered me .. frustrated me .. I was frustrated on myself .. not the world .. not anything else .. just me ...

Huhh ! One hell of a night .. and one hell of a creative void !! .. Hope THAT never happens again ! ... Or may be .. I am just an idiot with a poor short term memory ... or just another subject of mice's memory experiment last night that they forgot to intimate me about (which I am sure they {mice} will soon try to fix) ... I really .. really hope that it's the mice and not me ... ! :-)

So long ...

Amar

1 comments:

a Sane man said...

chill...hota hai!...may be impulse din't want to give free rein to you...wait for the next time it does... :)